Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Monday, August 24, 2015

Paint in One of my Favorite Places in US


'Take Me Back To Texas'                11x14            pastel              ©Karen Margulis
sold
It was a place on my bucket list. I knew I would like it but I wasn't prepared to fall in love! It only took a drive into the countryside outside of Austin, Texas to know I would not only love it....I would be back! The Texas Hill Country during Bluebonnet season stole my heart!

Last April I was hosted by Marsha Young of the Butterfly Gallery in Dripping Springs Texas for a 3 day pastel workshop. The weather was wonderful, the Bluebonnets in bloom and everything begged to be painted. I was happy to share with a talented and enthusiastic group of artists. We learned a lot and made great memories.

I am happy to announce that I will be going back to this fantastic place next April! This time I will be team teaching with my good friend and fantastic artist, Marsha Savage. Marsha and I will be on a road trip on our way to Tuscon, Arizona for the Plein Air Convention. We couldn't resist planning a stop in Dripping Springs and Marsha Young was happy to host us again.

If you'd like to read a review of the last workshop visit my blog post (click here.) There is also a quick video of Mt Gainor Inn... one of the lodging choices and a painting location.

If the Texas Hill Country is on your bucket list consider joining us for up 3 day workshop next April. Details below.

April 9-11           'Painting the Texas Hill Country' team teaching with Karen Margulis and Marsha Savage
                            Dripping Springs, Texas

                            Saturday April 9 - Monday April 11th.

                            A  plein air workshop in the beautiful Texas Hill Country.
                            Paint the bluebonnets, wildflowers, barns and more!
                            Fee: $350. Lodging options in 2 local B&Bs are available.
                            contact Marsha Young for details and registration or you can register on
                            the Butterfly Gallery website here.



About today's painting: 11x14 on Uart 500. This was a demo painting for a private student. I began with a 4 value block-in with warm colors and did a dry wash. This scene was from one of the many photos I took  last April in Hill Country!

3 comments:

tres said...

Nice. Luv the blue :)

Unknown said...

I loved your workshop in Dripping Springs. You are such a great teacher & artist. I am looking forward to next year's workshop :)

robertsloan2art said...

I had to smile, sometimes I think you keep track of locations by their wildflowers!